As you have probably already guessed, I am a BIG fan of my NutriBullet! I use it for smoothies (obviously), I puree veggies for pasta sauces, I make my own nut butters, Italian spiced breadcrumbs and salad dressings, I create my own frozen yogurt…In short, IT IS AN INCREDIBLE APPLIANCE! As far as I am concerned, everyone should have one!
…No, this post is not brought to you by NutriBullet
Recently, NutriBullet announced a 5 day Cleanse and, though I’m not inclined to jump on any cleanse bandwagon any time soon, some of their recipes are actually ROCKSTAR recipes that are already proving to be keepers in my world! LIKE THE ONE YOU SEE BELOW!!!
If you are interested in looking into the NutriBullet 5 day cleanse, you can find it HERE. If nothing else, you might grab one or two recipes and add them to your repertoire!
KIRSTEN! You asked for the recipe of the smoothie that, to me, tastes like a chocolate cherry milkshake? This post is for YOU girl!
This smoothie has quickly become my favorite. It is sweet but not too sweet, it has an AWESOME chocolatey flavor thanks to the Vega Choc-a-Lot protein powder (my choice of protein powder!) and raw cocao nibs (my fav!), the texture is not thick but not thin either (just right!) and I am genuinely happy about all of the ingredients involved.
So, without further ado, the Inflammation Fighter NutriBlast.
|Inflammation Fighter NutriBlast|
- 1 cup Swiss chard (may substitute spinach or baby kale if chard is not available)
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen cherries (pits removed)
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- ¼” fresh turmeric or ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Recommended: 1 serving Superfood Protein Boost (or other plant-based protein powder) – I use Vega protein powder! Choc-a-lot and viva vanilla both ROCK!
- Optional: 2 tsp raw cacao powder or nibs (GO FOR IT!)
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup filtered water
- Add all ingredients to the NutriBullet tall cup (or your blender!) and blend for 30-60 seconds.
Add all ingredients to the NutriBullet tall cup (or your blender!) and blend for 30-60 seconds.
I will be dreaming of this tonight
…And I will promptly make it for breakfast tomorrow!