The scone recipe I am about to share with you is once again a whole grain scone and it is absolutely perfect for breakfast, as a snack or dessert!
These moist yet crumbly scones are made with whole grain flour, natural, unrefined sugar and they have a beautiful deep buttery flavour that is perked up by the sweet yet tangy flavour of peaches.
And so, my love affair with scones continues.
Join me won’t you?
|Browned Butter Peach Scones|
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups kamut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup peeled and diced peaches
- 2/3 cup soy milk (or any milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a frying pan on medium/high heat, melt butter, stirring until it turns a deep brown colour.
- Pour browned butter into a small bowl and refrigerate overnight or put into the freezer until hardened (about an hour).
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine kamut flour, coconut sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Cut chilled brown butter into 1/2 inch pieces and add it to the flour mixture.
- Using your fingers or a pastry blender work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk together soy milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add diced peaches to scone mixture and mix until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently form in to a medium sized circle that is about 1-inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter slice the dough into 8 wedges and transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
2 responses so far It's MY Time to Shine