Heck I’m not even a vegetarian but as you know I am someone who likes to explore all food avenues and let’s face it…Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies?
In grade school I moved schools after being with the same group of friends for 7 years and let me tell you, that is a tough thing for a kid to do. Looking back on it now I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I found it quite difficult to adjust.
Being the new kid and trying to make new friends was overwhelming at times but luckily I found one thing that made everyone fall blissfully in love with me consider accepting me into their circle
Fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies.
For some reason when I started at my new school I made chocolate chip cookies(from my Company’s Coming cookbook) on what seemed like a daily basis…And I brought them to my new classmates in hopes to win their hearts with my little pieces of pure heaven.
A note to my mother:
If ever you were wondering where the heck your flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and chocolate chips were disappearing to…That was all me I admit now I was completely out of control
Once again I saw these vegan chocolate chip cookies on Angela’s blog over at Oh She Glows and it was at a time in which my NEED for chocolate was the most intense (I will let you figure out what time that was ) and naturally I needed to make these IMMEDIATELY.
And I did.
And though it may not have worked on my classmates years ago, my husband falls blissfully in love with me each and every time I make these…Which is quite often
The secret to a happy marriage you ask?
These puffy, chocolatey, nutty tasting, wholesome cookies
Happy Friday my dear friends.
|Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies|
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance (vegan buttery spread)
- *3/4 cup coco natura coconut sweetener
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup kamut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- * NOTE-Angela’s recipe calls for 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white unrefined sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax egg and set aside.
- Beat the Earth Balance until fluffy(using a hand mixer or stand mixer).
- Add the coco natura (or brown and white sugar) and mix until creamy.
- Add flax egg.
- Beat in vanilla, baking soda, flours and cinnamon and mix until cookie dough is formed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape balls of dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes and then move them to a cooling rack until completely cool.
If you are anything like me, you will grab a chunk of dough and gobble it down with great delight….Or not