To prove that point, two weeks ago I shared with you a quinoa cabbage roll recipe, last week I shared with you a quinoa pizza crust recipe and THIS WEEK I am sharing with you a chewy quinoa granola bar recipe.
I found this recipe over at Vanilla & Spice last month and finally got the urge to make them on Saturday!
These granola bars are chewy, nutty and have a delicious banana flavour! There’s no added sugar but the dried cranberries add such a lovely sweet and tartiness!
Perfect for breakfast (which I can assure you I will be enjoying this morning with a smoothie!) or as an on-the-go snack!
It’s pretty hard NOT to fall in love with these beauties when you look at the ingredients.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
|Chewy Quinoa Granola Bars|
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small VERY RIPE banana mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa to make it look prettiful!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a 9×9 baking pan with tin foil and spray it with olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small mixing bowl combine mashed banana, applesauce, molasses, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add cooked quinoa, oats, cranberries and pumpkin seeds and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. I used a wet spatula because the mixture is quite sticky!
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (I cooked mine for 12 minutes!)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Pull tin foil out of the pan and carefully separate from the bars.
- Cut into 6 bars!
- ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!