There are certain times in the month in which my need for chocolate intensifies and let’s just say, these babies satisfied every chocolate craving I’ve ever had in my life with just one bite…Naturally I couldn’t stop at just one bite and as such many brownies were enjoyed over the course of that weekend
These brownies are perfectly moist(thanks to the bananas, applesauce and DATES!), dense yet cake-like in texture and VERY rich and chocolatey! As with most baking (in my humble opinion) these are THE BEST fresh out of the freezer!
One thing I will say: If you don’t like bananas, you won’t love these brownies. These have a delicious and VERY noticeable banana flavour that, in my opinion, compliment the rich chocolate flavour perfectly!
The next time you are hit with an intense chocolate craving, keep these in mind!
Thank you once again ANGELA!
|Chocolate Banana Cake Brownies|
- 1/2 cup kamut flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (I used callebaut dark chocolate chunks)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used Mexican vanilla concentrate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8” x 8” pan with oil, cooking spray, etc.
- Line thepan with two pieces of wax paper in a “cross” pattern and grease the wax paper.
- In a food processor or blender grind almonds into very fine crumbs.
- Remove ground almonds and set aside.
- In the food processor or blender blend the applesauce, dates, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla until almost smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl combine kamut flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add applesauce/date mixture to flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out with a wet spatula.
- Bake for about 25-27 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn off oven.
- Pour 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top of to brownies in an even layer and put brownies back into the oven (which is now turned off) for 2 minutes or until the chips are melted.
- Using a spatula spread the melted chocolate evenly.
- Let brownies cool until the pan is cool to the touch, cover with plastic wrap and freeze, ideally overnight.
- Once completely frozen remove the brownies from the pan, peel off the wax paper and cut into desired slices…In my case, MUCH DESIRED pieces
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer!
- Enjoy every. single. bite
Lick the chocolate brownie badder spoon. Of course!
*Not really an official step for you but for me it’s MANDATORY:
Lick the spatula AGAIN
12 responses so far Baking