Partly because I am so hungry I could eat my arm but also because it’s so delicious I just can’t help myself!
This particular dish is FILLED TO THE BRIM with vegetables such as cauliflower, onion, red pepper, tomatoes and peas and because this is my main dish I added chickpeas for protein and even more fiber! I absolutely adore the warmth that the cumin, turmeric and garam masala bring to the dish as well!
This recipe is only slightly adapted from the Market Vegetarian Cookbook (I added chickpeas to the mix!) but it would be delish without the chickpeas too!
I personally get 4 big servings out of this recipe but by all means it would make at least 6 small side-dish size servings!
|Spiced Cauliflower with Red Peppers & Peas|
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 onion thinly sliced (I personally love rings!)
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl add cauliflower, garam masala, turmeric and cumin and toss until coated.
- In a large saute pan heat up olive oil and mustard seeds (medium-high heat) for about 5 minutes
- Add cauliflower to saute pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to soften.
- Add onion, red pepper, peas, tomato, chickpeas and water and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve as is or over rice, quinoa or your grain of choice!